Are you looking for an effective, easy and environmentally friendly ways of how to clean microwave with lemon and vinegar? You can get it clean with minimal work by the lemon and vinegar without using harsh chemicals. Using lemon and vinegar is the easiest way to clean a microwave. This natural vinegar and lemon tricks are going to make you very happy.
Basic cleaning removes grime and dust and prevents diseases, increase efficiency and improves appeal which is caused by breeding of microorganisms. If you have not clean your microwave regularly you may get a bad smell. Natural methods of cleaning are very easy and save your money and you can get a sparkling clean microwave. Let’s go! Now we know the best and safest way of cleaning a microwave.
How to clean microwave with lemon and vinegar:
If you haven’t cleaned your microwave yet, you might notice of gunk. If it’s been sitting for a long time then it may have hardened even almost impossible to remove food stain completely. Fortunately, then the solution of vinegar with water may redress the stain without much effort.
What you need:
- Measuring cup or microwave safe bowl
- Stir stick or toothpick
- Cleaning rag or dishtowel.
Cleaning microwave with lemon:
Do you know how to clean a microwave oven with lemon? Lemon is the best natural fresher and cleaner. If you use lemon you don’t need many scrubs to remove stain and lemon slices can get rid of you from awful smell. It has antibacterial ingredients and low PH which make it one of the best natural cleaning agents. You will find many chemical products in local markets but real lemon is the best microwave cleaning hack and very effective. Give below some best tips of how to clean oven with lemon juice with a fresh smell.
Instructions step by step:
- Take water: At first measure half cup of water into a small microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup.
- Add lemon juice: Slice a lemon into two part and take half part of the lemon then squeeze the lemon juice with water and drop other halves into the measuring cup or bowl.
- Turn on the microwave oven for three minutes: Keep the bowl in the oven and leave it in high power for three minutes so, the water into the bowl comes to a boil.
- Allow it for more five minutes: After the boil, the water waits few minutes and don’t open the door of the oven. Allow it for more five minutes because the liquid will start to help loosen food junk and hard stains inside the microwave.
- Clean the oven: Carefully open the door and remove the bowl from microwave with lemons. Starting clean your oven from the ceiling and then side and wipe well inside of the microwave. It makes your cleaning easy if your oven has a turntable, then lift it out and wash the turntable tray in the sink.
- Scrub the stubborn spots: You oven has stubborn stains that seem impossible to remove and won’t easily wipe away. In this condition soak the corner of your cleaning rag or dishtowel with lemon water and scrub well until the hard stain comes away entirely.
- Don’t forget to clean the door: Many people do these mistake, they forget to clean the door. So, when you are wiping don’t forget to wipe inside and outside of the door.
- Replace the turntable on the right place: If you lift it out for washing and cleaning keep the turntable in the right place and you can get a nice and clean microwave.
Note: don’t forget to clean the outside of your microwave with a regular cleaning spray.
Cleaning microwave with vinegar:
Now we discuss an easy way to clean microwave with vinegar. Vinegar is a multi using products it’s not only used for salad dressing but also it’s an amazing and excellent cleaning agent and you can keep neat and clean your home using vinegar without using any harsh chemicals. It contains environment-friendly natural antimicrobial bleaching ingredients. Vinegar is able to remove food odors, tough and hard stains. There are two types of vinegar that you can use for cleaning the microwave. These are white vinegar and apple cider vinegar. Vinegar is one of the best ingredients of this article “how to clean microwave with lemon and vinegar” which we discuss.
Instructions step by step:
- Take equal parts water and vinegar into a microwave safe bowl. A half cup of each ingredient is good enough. But if you need of deeper clean then take 1 cup of water and 1 cup of vinegar.
- This is a cautionary step though this step is not necessary. Insert a small wooden object or toothpick into the mixture of water and vinegar. This experiment reduces the chance of explosions. If bubbles will form on the wooden stir stick let it boil.
- Heat the vinegar and water mixer bowl for five to ten minutes. This time duration depending on how dirty your oven is! Before open, the oven door waits for few minutes and let it steam up more.
- It’s going to be hot so, carefully takes the bowl out. Scrub your microwave with a sponge and soak it with hot water and vinegar mixture. The gunk will come off easily when you sweep of paper towels which soaked by vinegar mixer.
Some tips and tricks and warnings:
- Using fresh lemon because it smells so fresh and clean.
- Please, be careful when vinegar and lemon water will be hot.
- Try to wipe your microwave oven daily with clean cloth
- Clean your oven with lemon and vinegar water at least twice of a month.
- Keep the microwave door open for few minutes for letting it air dry.
There are many alternative ways to cleaning dirty oven but they are not as effective of lemon and vinegar. If you don’t have enough time to clean your oven I hope you found some necessary and easy tips from how to clean microwave with lemon and vinegar and if you follow these steps, your job will be easy. Now you can start your oven cleaning with vinegar and lemon.